12 oz firm silken tofu (mori-nu)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup boiling water + 1/4 cup?s
3 tables agar agar
Blend first 5 ingredients in a food processor until very smooth.
Pour boiling water over agar agar in a mug and cover with a plate. Let sit 15 minutes until dissolved. Add agar mixture to food processor and puree. Transfer to a big ceramic or glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, chill for at least 2 hours.
The problems I had were
1) Too sweet
2) The agar didn't dissolve properly, but if it's boiled with the water it may not produce consistent results
3) Texture still a bit too wobbly
OK, so I'm trying to solutionazize these problems by
1) Easy enough, reduce sugar to 1 cup
2) Use only 2 tables agar agar and then boil it if it still doesn't dissolve. When done pour back into a measuring cup and add extra liquid (water? coconut milk?) to make up for the difference
3) Using less arrowroot will make it more wobbly so I'm thinking the coconut milk should be reduced to 1/2 cup. But then it may be too sweet again, we'll see. The other thought I had was to melt a little (maybe 2 oz) bitter sweet chocolate into it, that might help with setting it but would take away from teh peanutbutteriness.
Any ideas appreciated, and if anyone wants to help experiment with this that would be cool. The very core of the vegan free world is depending on you.