The Veganomicon Unveiling
2 years in the making, Veganomicon has finally gone to print! It's all incredibly surreal, and probably will stay that way until I have the actual book in my hands. It almost did swallow our souls, so it is aptly named.
Some fun facts:
1) It is hardcover and although you can't tell from the photo, the cover has a shiny/matte texture that will look very fancy shmancy.
2) There are 32 color photos inside, some of which you can see here.
3) There are around 250 recipes, plus lots of variations on recipes. There is also a whole section on basics; roasting, grilling, sauteeing, steaming. These aren't exactly recipes, more like guidelines.
4) The Chickpea Cutlets will rock your socks.
5) It's currently available for pre-order on Amazon and Powells and it will be shipped in November.
6) There are user-friendly icons, so that with the flick of an eyeball muscle you'll be able to determine if a recipe is 45 minutes or under, gluten-free, soy-free, supermarket friendly and/or low-fat.
We hope it lives up to its name as the "ultimate" vegan cookbook! We really tried to give you some new and exciting things to cook, without using too many esoteric ingredients. And along with our dedicated team of testers we tested our collective butts off. We hope that you all have as much fun reading it and cooking from it as we did writing it, only minus all the pain, suffering and third degree burns that we endured.